Pegasus Masters ~ inspired by our current Irish Masters International Shelly Lyons (pictured above), Pegasus have reformed the Veterans/Masters and are entered in the Ulster League.
If you would like to play contact Aly or Shelly, you have to have reached the sprightly age of 35 to be eligible.
Pegasus Masters play social, competitive hockey, have a laugh and don't take it to seriously.
22ND February Playball, Stormont. Belfast
Played 3 won 3 on our first outing.
25th April Playball, Stormont. Belfast
30th May Playball, Stormont. Belfast
Vets Blitz League Rules
- Teams are 7 a side with a squad of up to 12
- Teams are limited to 2 guest players per squad, unless otherwise agreed.
- Players from clubs that do not have a Vets team entering may register as a Vets player with a club entered but will not be allowed to act as “Guest Player” for another team
- “Guest Players” can only play for teams on the finals day that they have previously been a “Guest Player” for during at least one blitz day.
- Maximum of 2 teams from each club can be entered in a blitz
- New teams not affiliated to a club can be entered at the discretion of the Vets Secretary and must comply with rules 2, 10, 11, 12 & 13
- Matches of 2 x 15 minute halves on half a pitch
- Times may be adjusted by Tournament Official
- Points 3 (Win) 2 (Score Draw) 1 (No Score Draw) 0 (Loss)
- Leagues will be decided on % of total points
- Teams must have a minimum attendance at two blitz days to qualify for the Finals
- Offences in the circle/scoring zone to be decided by a power play
- Penalty runs to replace flicks
- Long corners to be taken from the side of the pitch in line with the power play zone
- All teams are required to supply at least 1 umpire for the blitz
- Ulster Hockey will endeavour to recruit neutral umpires for finals days
- All teams must register attendance 7 working days in advance to the Tournament Official
- All teams must be registered and affiliated to Ulster Hockey 7 working days prior to the Blitz
- All players must register with the tournament providing the following details (Forms will be sent out prior to the Blitz day to secretary’s)
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Affiliated Club
- Role within Affiliated Club
All other rules are as per Ulster Hockey League & Cup competitions for the 2014/15 season.